A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Today Matters

"It will get better each day."

It's funny how much things can improve in just one day. That section in the music that made you want to stab your eyes out yesterday suddenly clicked today. The amount of money on your bank account from Thursday to Friday can go from red to green. The feeling of darkness and dispair over the recent loss of a loved one can suddenly feel lighter and lifted. That horrible stomach bug that left you hugging the toilet yesterday has left your body today. The list goes on and on...

So, if every day matters, if things can change so much, why do we wish for the days to fly by? Why don't we enjoy the improvement from yesterday in all of our today's? Are we just in too big of a hurry to see if tomorrow is even better? Do we just prefer to see the negative?

I am bad about that. Thinking "only 3 more hours until the end of the day and I can go home," "only another hour until bedtime," "only 2 more days until the weekend." But why? Is it really that much better? Is today that horrible?  In all honesty, no. I have a pretty nice life: spending my dsys making music with kids and laughing, great friends who are always there, sweet daughters and a husband who does far more for me than I deserve...It's a pretty good life.

I will admit, the devistion of last week was huge. Massive. Gut wrenching. But all of those things I just listed? They were all there for me each and every day.

We all need to take a moment (or hours) each day to enjoy today. Think about all the amazing things you do everyday, all the wonderful people. It's a great day to be alive...Today...

No comments:

Post a Comment