I am happy to announce that I have a job...sort of. I am substitute teaching, and boy, is it action-packed! In the past 3 weeks, I have been booked for 12 out of 14 possible days. Some days I have even had people call me after I had already accepted another call, but hopefully those people will call me in the future. I may not be the breadwinner or even contributing to half of the monthly income, but if things continue on this route, I will be helping with a major chunk of the monthly bills and be able to pay my students loans without the help of my husband.
Speaking of the husband, he has been amazing through all this job hunt/no job time. He was awesome enough to let me quit my horrible retail job when he started his "big boy job" and made the agreement with me that if I could make enough money to pay my student loans each month I could do whatever I wanted job-wise. The flip side of that was that I am to do a majority of the household chores and cook dinner during the week. Not a bad system at all if you ask me!
I also felt that I needed a musical outlet and have joined a local community band. The first rehearsal was last week, and I had a blast! I am one of the few people under the age of 40 that play, but that's ok. The music for this first concert is quite challenging, but that just means I will have good reason to work on it at home, too. I hope this will give me some satisfaction and fill the void I have felt lately.
Also, some close friends got married last week. It was horrible weather-wise (rain and wind gusts are not good for an outdoor evening wedding, but we all made the most of it. Casey served as the officiant and I was a bridesmaid. We loved being a part of the special day in such wonderful ways and couldn't be happier for our friends.
A candid picture a friend took at the wedding...
I suppose all things considered, our life is fairly mundane as of late. For the most part we are getting by fine and daydreaming of the future. We would love to get a bigger place (we'd love a larger kitchen and a 3rd bedroom for guests to stay...) and it would be amazing to have a newer car that gets better gas mileage than the Ranger and doesn't have to be taken in for repairs every 6 months like the Sentra. We hope to also start saving for retirement next year, we would love to take a nice vacation or two, and there are other dreams and desires we hope to start fulfilling in 2012...
...and I really should get back to getting the apartment back into shape, posting some things on ebay, and get ready for my Substitute Orientation for another school district today. Happy Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment