A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Learn to Live with What You Are

Unfortunately, I have come to the recent realization that a full-time job may not be in the cards for me at this particular point in time.  I am a little devastated, but when I look around I see all kinds of young people who have gone to college and are now stranded with nothing more than debt and countless rejection letters, messages, and e-mails.  I am not alone in my quest for the job that doesn't exist it seems.

I am very lucky for many parts of my life at this moment, though.  I have a wonderful, supportive, and loving husband who has been by my side through it all.  He was blessed to find a job (he was actually offered 4 of the 7 jobs he interviewed for because he's a rockstar like that...) that would be more than enough to sustain us and give us more room to breathe with the budget than we have had in our entire 3.5 years of living together.  We have a decent apartment that we got for a steal of a deal, both of our vehicles are completely ours and in decent running condition, and we have great families who support us and love us.  I am also very lucky to have the chance to substitute teach and have some people who will be allowing me to get some major time in working with their students.

My current motto (and the title of this entry) is going to be a simple phrase that I need to always keep in mind when I get down.  Thank you, Mr. Ben Folds for the wonderful song and keeping my spirits up.

And now, back to cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment