A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Fall Fun

It's hard to believe that we're already starting our third full week of the 2012-2013 school year, but here we are!  Things have been very busy so far, but the students have been great and I am feeling a lot more organized and comfortable with things than I was last year.  I really feel like being "official" in the position makes things feel better for everyone.  I still feel a little unsure with some of my young classes, but it's just a lot different from what I thought I'd be doing or went to school for.

Besides working hard to get things in gear at school, there hasn't been a whole lot of excitement in my life lately.  Casey and I have been enjoying our evenings and weekends relaxing.  We're planning a camping trip for Labor Day weekend, which will be an awesome little time away from the daily grind and some quality time with each other and the great outdoors.

We are also currently debating the best plan for December when our lease is up.  We have two options: 1) see if we can buy a house or 2) keep renting here and wait a little longer to buy.  We have been dreaming of owning a home since before we even got married, but of course we've been waiting to figure out the best place to settle and having the secure jobs to have such a big responsibility.  Now all those things are in line, but we're just not sure what we can get for what little we would have to pay down, etc.  We are looking into options and hoping perhaps we can make things work, but if not, we will just renew our lease for another 6 months and look at buying in the summer.  Either way, we hope to be homeowners by mid-2013!

We're also making attempts at increasing the residents of the Glosson household, but haven't had success just yet.  We're both super nervous and giddy with excitement about thoughts of a Glosson 2.0 and it's fun to dream.  Hopefully the stars will align for us soon, but until then we will just have to keep trying to make the magic happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment