A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

There's No Such Thing as Perfect

So, lots has been going on with us lately and I just haven't had time to share.  The end of the school year was busy, Casey has been loaded down at work, and we have been trying to do lots of fun activities on the weekend but also keep the apartment from being an exploding disaster.  Now that school is out for the summer, things have started to calm down and settle how they should be.

First and foremost:  I recently got a new car!  I wasn't too comfortable with the idea of us going from no car notes to two, but my car was struggling along and Casey was worried that I would end up breaking down in one of the many dead cell reception spots along my 50 mile commute and would be stranded.  So, we did a hardcore budget evaluation, got the car dealership to help get a deal that would fit in our payment allowance, and I got a sexy new car!



Also, I finally landed a teaching position!  It may not be the most amazing job in the world, but it is somewhere to start.  I can say that it wasn't somewhere I was really hoping to end up, but there's no such thing as perfect, right?  I will have my work cut out for me to improve the program, but I am excited about the possibilities over the next few years.  I was basically handed the position in October when the teacher took a leave of absence, but she didn't officially quit until a few weeks ago.  I am thankful that I already know the students, my colleagues, and my boss. 

We also have a vacation planned.  We are going to fly out to Seattle for almost a week!  We haven't been able to take a real vacation in some time, so we are very excited.  Not only will we get to sight-see and have some time away, but we will get to visit with my sister-in-law, her husband, and my adorable nephew!  It should be a wonderful vacation, and it appears that the temperatures there will be much cooler than TN (thank goodness!).  Pictures will come after we get back.

We are planning to staying put in Murfreesboro for the next little bit, but we are planning some other big things for 2012.  There's no perfect time for anything, but I'd say we are doing ok.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment