A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Nights Like Tonight (A Poem)

Nights like tonight were
When I needed you the most:
Listening to me cry,
Telling me I'd make it,
Showing me you cared.

I always knew you'd be there
In the back of my mind.
But I let the thoughts take over,
The darkness that consumes.
It told me that you'd leave...
And then you really did.

Maybe nights like tonight were
The reason you left:
Too many questions,
Too many fights,
Too many dances with death.

I thought you'd always be there,
Isn't that what you said?
But I let my fear consume me,
I let the turmoil push you away.
I thought you'd never leave me...
Until you were really gone.

Nights like tonight are the hardest
Without you by my side:
Too many feelings,
So much pain,
Not even the knife will do.

You always thought I'd be here,
You always saw right through...
But now you're gone,
You don't even care,
No matter what I'll love you,
Even when I'm dead and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment