A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Goodbye to an Old Friend

Wednesday was my last day at OfficeMax.  It was a day of mixed feelings, but overall good.  After 4 years and many days of anger and exhaustion later, I'm free.

Me working at OfficeMax

OfficeMax was the first real job I ever had.  It paid my bills every month while I was in college.  It was there when my husband lost his job and we needed money.  It gave several of my friends employment, and I made several new friends while being there.



Tiffany with an interesting eye patch...

 I also made many enemies.  I discovered how horrible some consumers can be over the silliest things.  I learned to treat people with great respect while shopping and to always front face items while making a last minute purchase late at night.  I discovered how much of humanity has no respect for the general public and the property of others.  I discovered how lazy people can be and still get promotions while others work hard and get nothing.  I learned the world is not a fair place, but you just have to go with the flow and hope some luck comes your way.  You also have to learn how to have fun even when you feel like you are having the worst day ever.



Grace hiding in "Narnia."

 I can honestly say I have no clue what my future holds at this point, but I do know that it does not involve working at OfficeMax.  Although the pay may have been nice, it wasn't worth the headache and it wasn't getting me where I want to be in life.  And with that, I say goodbye to my old friend OfficeMax.


No comments:

Post a Comment