A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ch-ch-changes...

So, what's new here within the last week?  Well, Casey & I found a new place!  We spent several days looking into apartments, houses, and townhouses for rent in the area and created a crazy spreadsheet, then narrowed it down.  Sadly, none of the houses or townhouses made the final cut due to the price difference, but we did find some awesome prices on apartments.  We spent Saturday looking at a few places and decided on a complex called Indian Park.

We will be moving into a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment early in December.  For $700/month, we are getting a wonderful apartment!  1,300 square feet with a fireplace, a decent sized kitchen, an actual laundry room, and many other wonderful things.  The complex is close to I-24 and away from campus, so it seems perfect for this time in our life.  Plus we will have more than enough room for entertaining friends or guests to stay.  We are hoping to stay here 1-2 years then *fingers crossed* we will both be settled in jobs and ready to buy a house, etc.  In the mean time, we will be able to start saving money for a car and down payment for a house and enjoy a great place to call home with the killer deal we are getting.

Besides that things are fairly normal for us. I am still filling in for the lady on leave.  School is out all next week for Thanksgiving, so I believe I will be doing some serious cleaning and packing.  Woot!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, it sounds like I will have some wonderful, drama-filled stories about the holiday.  Oh, the joys of family?  *cough, cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment