A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Healthy Habits

If you know my husband and I, you know that we both LOVE food...probably a little too much.  So, one of our things to work on has been living healtier.  We have been talking about it for several weeks now, but a couple of recent events (one of them being buying a new scale), really made us decide to jump in head first and start working on our diet and activity and signed up for Weight Watchers this weekend.

We decided to try Weight Watchers for several reasons.  1) There is no way that we would survive on those crazy, restricted food type diets.  2) From what we read, WW is more about building healty habits and tracking what you eat vs. just trying to lose weight quick.  3) There is an Android App, so there is no excuse for us to not keep up with everything we eat.  4) You can also track activity and even earn extra points for the amount of activity you do.  5) This is something we can do together, and we both need motivation at times.

We each have individual goals for weight loss, but our hope is that with WW we can not only shed our extra pounds but build habits to keep the weight off for good.  My ultimate goal is to lose 50-70 lbs, but I have set my first goal at 10 lbs.  My hope is to lose 20 lbs. by summer (hopefully by June...), and I am really hoping that can happen.  Casey's goal is a little bit larger, but I really think he can do it.

I stayed within my points yesterday, and I am well on my way to staying within them today.  Here's to hoping to a healthier tomorrow and fitting into some clothes I haven't worn in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment