A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Finding Your Place When You Identify As Bi

Finding Your Place When You Identify as Bi

I love a guy with glasses or a woman with long hair. I'm a sucker for romantics, but also just large asses and beautiful eyelashes. I admire height but also intelligence and awkward humor. I prefer brunettes, curly hair or straight. Black, white, or purple, it's all the same to me, but a kind and caring heart is a must first and foremost.
If you know me well at all, you know I find both Heath Ledger (RIP) and Jennifer Garner incredibly sexy, just the same as Shemar Moore and Susan Kelechi Watson. Man or woman, a beautiful person is a beautiful person in my eyes. Yes, that's right: I identify as bi.
I will admit, I have only been with men and I have been married to a great guy for nearly a decade. That doesn't mean that women don't turn me on, though, and it doesn't mean that I've never tried to attract the attention of a female that I find fun (trust me, I've unsuccessfully tried more than one time in my life). I've had flirtatious fun and even developed crushes on women almost as many times as I have men.
Part of me feels like an outcast, though. I have found myself cut off from straight women the moment I point out a girl with a nice ass or a beautiful smile. I've also felt more than a little intimidated or ridiculed from the LGBT community though because I clearly lead a "straight life." Part of this could be my perception, but they say perception is reality, don't they?
Since becoming open about my sexuality, the heat has really been on. Some have questioned if I am being truthful or if perhaps I'm just "going through a phase." Others have visibly taken a step (or leap) back and expressed their unease. Only one person has not at all been shocked, a friend I've had since high school, and said she's always known.
I know I'm not the only woman in the world who finds herself attracted to both sexes...so why do I feel so alone? Where is the place for those of us who just love people for the people that they are, regardless of any types of classifications? Where can I go and be accepted, not judged or questioned on my motives or my truth? Is being openly bi a crime? I'd like to think it means I have an open heart, that I'm someone who is always open to love the person on the inside not just out. Though a nice ass is always a plus...
Go back and reviseSubmit your writing
?

No comments:

Post a Comment