A peek in the daily life of an aspiring educator and wife.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Few of my Favorite Things

So under the advice of my Intensive Outpatient therapist, I'm supposed to be taking the weekend off from focusing on the "heavy stuff" of my treatment. She suggested that if I still wanted to write, it needed to be something light, positive, and more gratitude based than soul searching. She suggested random things like "write about your 5 favorite body parts and why you like them." I kind of laughed about it, but I'm going to tweak it some and do a list of my favorite experiences with each of my senses (Meredith has been learning about the 5 senses at school, so it's been a focus at home to discuss...).

My 5 Favorite Things to See
My Family (children & husband)
Clouds Moving Through the Sky
My Friends
People Smiling
Sunrise/Sunset

My 5 Favorite Things to Hear
Great Music/Musicians
"I love you." (Not picky about who says it...)
The sound of my girls sleeping
The Wind
The way your friends excitedly say "Hey!" when you call them

My 5 Favorite Smells
Coffee, especially Starbucks
Rain
Gasoline (I know, weird...)
Cookies or Brownies baking in the oven
Good Cologne, Deodorant, or Perfume

My 5 Favorite Tastes
Coffee, especially Starbucks
Anything Chocolate
A cold Soda
Ice Cream
A Good Kiss

My 5 Favorite Things to Feel
A Hug
My Flute
A Soft Blanket
Metal
Skin to Skin Contact


No comments:

Post a Comment