I haven't written poetry or lyrics in years, but here's a rough start back? It's funny that I used to fill pages of notebooks with this stuff, trying to get better and make them sound good. Maybe it will get better again with time?
That's Who I Am
I am fierce,
I am fiery,
I fight for who and what I love.
I am fun,
I am outgoing,
I am always down for a drink with friends.
I am smart,
I am funny,
I can play over 20 instruments to some degree.
I am the one you see dancing in the hallways, smiling and saying, "Hey there!"
I'm all of this on the outside, but there's more...
I am anxious,
I am scared,
I constantly second guess myself.
I am hidden,
I am humble,
I will always apologize first, even if it isn't needed.
I am self-conscious,
I am low,
I sometimes get caught up in the past or possibility of the future.
I'm the one you know replaying my day over and over, just to try to convince my self that it was all okay. I'm all this on the inside, but I can't let you see...If I did that, you may not really like me...Well, like me for me. The real me.
No comments:
Post a Comment