So, without further rambling, here's my list of just some of the things and people I am so very grateful to have in my life:
- I am thankful for my husband. He's my best friend, my daily source of laughter, my teammate. He keeps me thinking, keeps me going, keeps me grounded. He has shown me what true love and what a good person look like. He may grumble at times, but he never refuses to help me or give me hugs. I have a bad habit of trying to do everything on my own and juggle all the balls, but lately he's reminded me that although I CAN do it alone, I don't HAVE to do it alone.
- I am grateful for my daughters. I'm blessed daily as I watch them play, listen to them talk, see them love each other. Meredith teaches me lots; Eleanor has unconditional love like nobody I've met. I'm not a great mother (or even a good one some days), but I am very lucky to have them around to call me "Mommy" and be my shadows. I'm trying to get better at enjoying all the moments with them, even the less than fun, because every moment with them is beautiful in its own way.
- I am thankful and undeserving of the lovely close friends I have. They each bring something beautiful and needed to my life each and everyday. Sometimes it is a laugh I desperately needed, sometimes it is a swift kick in the butt, sometimes it's just a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. You have been therapists, scholars, and sounding boards to so much lately. I've never met more loving and giving people. I think you each know that you've saved my life (literally...figuratively...deliberately...), and there are never enough words I can try to poetically paint or gifts I can shower you with to show my appreciation. All the love, Homie B, Dubs, LP, Grach-Ay, The Groves, & Flute Pal! You know who you are!
- I am grateful for my family, both by blood and by marriage. A lot of the things I have learned about marriage, parenting, and life I have learned from you. I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to be surrounded by lots of family throughout my childhood and adult life. I think so many people don't have that benefit, so I consider myself very lucky! Even though some of you live far away or lead busy lives, I'm thankful for technology so we can stay in touch, share pictures, and still feel connected. And, of course, I'm lucky to have my parents & in-laws within an hour drive and my brothers super close as well.
- I'm thankful to have a home and all the other things we need to stay safe and well nourished.
- I am grateful that I have a fulfilling career. I am truly blessed to get to share the joy & beauty of music with over 100 students daily in my classes and with an entire school throughout the year. My students also teach me so much and show me all the good that is still in the world, even when we think there's not. There is hope for the future, my friends, and I get to help that future grow daily!
- I am thankful for amazing co-workers and colleagues, both past and present. I learn something and see great things from everyone I work with. Each person I get to teach in a school with shows me something that continues to help me mold and evolve as a teacher. I also could not survive without the support and dedication from others in my school, departmental team, administration, and people who do what I do in other school buildings around the district.
- I am thankful for my health and doctors who are patient, kind, and interested in my physical and mental health. I am glad to have insurance and funds to afford the care my family & I have to get when needed.
- I am thankful for people who continue to come into my life and show me things or teach me something, whether they realize they are doing it or not. So many amazing people who do so many amazing things, even if they don't know me well. I feel like I get love & lessons daily from people!
- I am grateful for the gift of life and the beauty of this world. I am glad I am getting to experience so much and continue to learn. I am glad that I am opening my mind to things and trying to find myself spiritually. I am blessed beyond measure.
I hope this helps some of you open your eyes to all that we have to be grateful in our lives. Even the small things are things to be thankful. All the love, my readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment