Why do I exist? What is my purpose? Why am I here? Isn't that the ultimate question of life?
I think it's a timeless question in both general and personal terms. Man has questioned existence and purpose from the beginning. We all go through times where we wonder what we are doing with our lives. We all ask that question.
I've been wondering a lot lately...thinking...questioning...reasoning...rationalizing...and I'm still not sure. Why do I exist? I don't mean the whole "how is a baby made?" thing (I think I go that figured out...ha!), but specifically what the point of my life is intended to be. This has always been a struggle for me and often I feel like I'm just spinning my tires unsure of how to get out of this one spot and move things along.
I don't feel particularly important. I don't feel particularly needed. I don't really even feel like anything I do has any real purpose. I'm just here. Taking up space. Turning oxygen into carbon dioxide. Consuming food and turning it into waste. Is that how we all feel, or is that just me?
If it's just me, then how do I find my purpose? How do I find that sense of worth? How do I find my reason for existence?
Maybe, though, it's just hopeless. Pointless.
I've wondered a lot lately...questioned...pondered...what would happen if I no longer existed? What if I simply was just...no more?
Maybe if I can answer that I can answer the other. Maybe it's all connected..
No comments:
Post a Comment