Day 6: Your Favorite Superhero and Why
What is a hero? Are unnatural powers or super human strength a requirement to be called such a title? Personally, I've never seen the appeal of the traditional superheros like Superman, BatmanB or Wonder Woman. Is it healthy to idolize fictional characters that we can never even strive to be? What makes being a "normal" human so mundane that we can not be even considered super or heroic?
I do not have a favorite superhero in the sense that I believe the question means. I can, however, give you many other fictional characters who are simple, everyday humans but do super and heroic things with their lives. That's what I aspire to be: super and heroic in my everyday life, helping others and trying to fight the evil in the world with my words, my brain, my music...because those are the only powers I possess.
With that being said, I decided that my favorite hero is Princess/General Leia from Star Wars. I see Leia as a badass. She's strong, determined, and smart. She doesn't need a man to save her and she doesn't wait around for someone else to do all the work. She stays true to her morals and values even in the face of danger, and she does everything for the greater good not just herself. Sure, maybe she does have a "superpower" by being Force sensitive, but most of what she does and how she handles things has nothing to do with The Force.
Princess Leia is a total package. She has great influence and is a major part of the reason why the rebellion still hasn't died. Can you say the same about anyone else? I think it's safe to say she has more of her mother in her than her father...because Padme Amadalla is a badass too.
No comments:
Post a Comment